Every year, life groups in our church organise and send out several short-term missions teams to places locally, nationally and internationally. Hundreds of people in our church have stepped out of their comfort zones in obedience to Jesus’ command to “go to all nations.” Even though these missions trips are about one week, many testify of their faith adventures with God and spiritual growth.
Why do short-term missions? The benefits are multi-fold. Here are just a few:
- God’s love is demonstrated
- Seeds of the gospel are sown
- The Body of Christ is encouraged
- Local churches are strengthened
- It stretches your faith and moulds your character
- It can lead you to a greater understanding and deeper commitment to the Great Commission
- It helps your home church catch the vision
- It increases your sensitivity to the needs in the world
- It puts you in the right place at the right time etc
This year, we already have had mission teams go to Ipswich and AFJC Manila.
Over the coming summer holidays, there will be mission teams heading to AFJC Manila, Queanbeyan, Canberra, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and India. Let’s partner with them in our prayers for God to use them mightily.