Plan Your First Visit
I’m new here. What do I do next?
- Please note that we have temporarily paused in-person services at our Willawong, St Lucia and Gatton locations, are services are still running online Sunday 10am (on our zoom platform: https://zoom.us/j/96338974172) and will be available on-demand on Sunday 5pm.
We will be holding two services in Brisbane every Sunday.
- 10am – located at Unidus Community Centre in Willawong, caters primarily for families and working adults; the only service that provides kids program (Kids For Christ) & Ablaze Youth
- 3pm – located at the **University of Queensland in St Lucia
- **Subject to change: please check IG or FB for the latest venue updates. (@hopechurchstlucia)
As restrictions continue to ease in Queensland adults, youth and toddlers under 2.5 years will no longer need to pre-register prior to attending. You will however need to check-in upon arrival (Via the QLD Check-In App) in line with our COVID safe plan.
We ask that each household to physically distant from the next household where possible. Thank you!
Our cafe will remain closed till further notice. We ask that you refrain from bringing your own food at this time. Bottled water will be allowed.
All children who are participating in KFC on Sunday are required to check in via the QLD Check-in App upon Arrival.
Please drop your child and sign in/out at the respective KFC classroom. (Please see below for the age group of children and the location of the KFC classroom)
Willawong Centre at 10am
Tiny Tots (2.5 to Kindy) – Eden (Ground Floor)
Junior (Prep to Grade 1) – Moriah 1 (Ground Floor)
Impact (Grade 2-3 & Grade 4-6) – Ariel 1 & 2 (First Floor)
St Lucia Centre at 3pm (located at the University of Queensland)
Tiny Tots (2.5 to Kindy)
Junior (Prep to Grade 1)
Impact (Grade 2-6)
**The room locations are subject to change: please ask one of our friendly ushers for directions
- On the day there will be KFC signages that will guide & direct you to the right places
- You can also ask one of our friendly ushers to assist you with directions
A few important things to note:
- Due to COVID safety guidelines and room capacity, no parents are allowed to stay in the room for the duration of our KFC program. If you need to settle your child in (for Tiny Tots / Junior), you can bring them into the classroom, but you will need to leave after 10 minutes. If your child is not able to settle, you will be requested to bring them into the main auditorium with you.
- Due to COVID safety guidelines, we encourage parents to pack a basic set of stationery for your child. Pencils/ Pens and Erasers.
- Please remember to pack a water bottle and a morning tea snack for your child. We will not be distributing any morning tea snacks or cups of water due to the COVID safety guidelines.
Please try to arrive 15 minutes earlier to allow time for children to settle into their classrooms.
All youths who are intending to participate in Ablaze Service will be required to register upon arrival via the QLD check-in app.
Check-in opens at 9:45am, so do come early!
Once you have checked in, follow the flow of direction sign on the floor and head to Bethel on Level 1 Unidus for service.
Ablaze service will conclude at 11:30pm. Kindly vacate the room so that cleaning can commence. Remember to follow the exit directions and wait for your parents and guardians under the A-Frame.
A few important things to note:
- If you are feeling unwell, please stay home. Please do inform your clan leader.
- Maintain physical distance. Avoid touching or hugging others.
- Different households should sit two seats apart.
- Avoid sharing food or items. We will not be having lunch together after Ablaze service.
Remember, Ablaze Service starts at 10am. Let’s honour each other with our time too!
Frequently Asked Questions
What time should I arrive for service?
Doors will be opened 15 minutes prior to each service. Please do come early we would love to say “hi” and welcome you to church. There will be a New Visitor’s booth in the foyer, where our team are ready to host you.
[COVID Updates] In line with the QLD Government directives, every attendee will need to check-in via the QLD check-in app. Please show the tick to the welcome team.
Where do I park my car?
Willawong Service – Parking is available onsite at Unidus Community Centre.
St Lucia Service – Parking is available under UQ centre (P10), and is within walking distance to our St Lucia service.
What do I wear?
Come as you are! Our church is very casual and informal – so please dress in whatever you are comfortable in. Our church would look very similar to your average crowd in a family restaurant.
What happens during a service?
Our services really need to be experienced to be understood. They are welcoming, engaging, and helpful. Our services have two major segments – music and teaching. We start our services with music and singing (worship), and then have teaching from the Bible. You can come and engage and observe at your own level.
How long is the service?
For our 10am service it will wrap up about 11:45am and for the 3pm service about 4:45pm.
Can I still watch Hope Online?
Can I attend church if I have a cold?
If you are feeling unwell or displaying any flu-like symptoms, please do not attend in-person church service, but continue to make use of our online live stream at online.www.hope-church.com.au.
Is there a private place for nursing mums?
There will be a nursing mums corner set aside for parents at Antioch at our Willawong Service at Unidus (ground floor, opposite the toilets).
Where do I check my children in for kid's ministry?
Please head to the Kids for Christ (KFC) rooms listed above and check-in your child with the teachers present in the room.
If it’s your child’s first time to KFC, you will be required to fill in a form to help us maximize safety and better facilitate your child’s visit. You can fill in the form here or when you arrive on Sunday: bit.ly/KFCnew
What is Hope Church doing to ensure the facility is clean and safe?
Our teams will undertake a strict cleaning protocol both before, during and after each service. Hand sanitiser stations will be available throughout the building and we ask that you maintain 1.5m from each other at all times.
Can I still attend church services if I'm unvaccinated?
As churches are currently deemed as essential services, we are able to welcome everyone to our service at Unidus Community Centre. COVID-safe measures continue to be in place to keep us safe, please don’t forget to check in via the QLD check-in app upon arrival.
Some of our church worship locations are at hired venues and are subject to the discretion of the venue hirer. Please reach out to us by filling in a contact form, if you would like more information.
If you are new or have any questions about Hope Church or faith, we’re here to connect with you.